Friday, December 01, 2006

Mommy has the stomach flu

Yesterday around 4 I started feeling really queasy and went and lay down for a nap. Shortly thereafter things went downhill... I have not been that violently ill other than the time that I had food poisoning... which I would have thought I had if it weren't for the fact that four people in Eric's family also seem to be afflicted by the same illness. Since I'm nursing I still can't take a lot of drugs so I had to suffer through the natural way.
I was so sick last night that Eric introduced formula to Kiernan for the first time. The good news is that he took the formula just as easily as he takes any bottle (that is to say, not that easily, but eventually he drinks it). I was able to get up the other times in the middle of the night when he woke up but man, it felt like he'd gained 10 lbs overnight I was so weak.
I'm feeling significantly better now and even had some soup for dinner and think I'm hungry enough to keep eating. Being sick and being responsible for a baby is really hard... how do you deal with needing to take care of someone when you can barely stand up? Luckily Eric is fabulous and so is my mother in law (we spent the day there today so I could sleep and she watched Kiernan while Eric was at work).
Anyhow. It sucked, I'm glad it seems to be passing.

No comments: