Monday, November 22, 2010

Stop fighting

Tonight, after a thoroughly lovely day, Eric and I went out for dinner. My dad babysat and we decided to go out for Indian food - something we haven't had in a long time.

We arrived at the restaurant and found the front door locked but could see someone inside. She opened the door for us and I asked if they were closed and she said "no no, come in."

The owner then came to serve us and he explained that he and his family had been invited to visit with some friends so they were going to close the restaurant early, but he had called them to tell them that they would be late because customers had arrived. I apologized and he said no no, he was happy to do it because God wanted it so.

He then launched into a bit of a religious/spiritual explanation but the core message of it just felt nice to me.

If the Universe (God) wants things a certain way, who am I to fight it? Go with the flow and everyone will be happier.

It felt like a lesson I need to live by more often, and also kind of like a breath of fresh air.