Saturday, November 11, 2006

Chatty cathy

Is there a boy name for chatty cathy? :)
Kiernan has been chatting up a storm lately. Last night, he suddenly and inexplicable came out of his land of evening screaming to sit on my lap and "chat" with Eric and I for about half an hour. It was fabulous - so fun! Our favourite "word" sounds just like hi, which is very cute. And he did it for about 15 minutes again this morning in bed with us. It's so much fun having him be more interactive lately - makes up for a lot of the screaming fits.

Quick update on the move to the nursery. We had him in the nursery last night for about 2.5 hours but the difference this time was that we went to sleep. I woke up around 11:30 though after having startled awake 4-5 times already and couldn't take it anymore... I wasn't going to get a good night's sleep with him over there and I thought to myself I'd done well having him there that long while I was asleep (again, I need to do this slowly ;) So I went and got him and put him back in the bassinet. He slept until 3:30! A total of almost 6 and a half hours. HOLY COW! Then he was up again at 6:30 this morning. Really, it doesn't make much of a difference for me since it's still the same amount of waking up - once a night and then he doesn't want to go back down when he gets up at 6 or 7. But at least we're back to it being 6 or 7 and not 5 am, so that's good.

No comments: