Saturday, June 14, 2008

One must suffer to be beautiful

The other day Vicky wrote a post about something she noticed when we were in an office building with the Apples'n'Oranges booth. I was there again this week and it really is a great place to observe! This time what really struck me is how many women are wearing shoes that they aren't comfortable walking in.

So here's the thing - if you aren't comfortable walking in them, you aren't suffering to look beautiful, you're suffering to walk like a dolt!

And I can't blame them for having a hard time walking - I couldn't walk in something that looked like this either!


I mostly wear flats, but I have worn heels and wondered from time to time if I'm walking awkwardly - I think I'm going to assume that I am from now on if the thought even crosses my mind and skip the shoe. Because I don't care how gorgeous the shoe is, if you're wobbling around on them, they lose their value man!

4 comments:

Some kind of Mom said...

I can understand how women will walk in these uncomfortable shoes. Just think of it this way, you find the perfect outfit, it looks gorgeous on you, and then you find the perfect shoes to go with it. Only problem is that they hurt your feet and you look like a dolt, but they look great when you're sitting! ;) You can't get rid of them and risk screwing up an entire outfit, can you?

That Chick Over There said...

I can't even look at those shoes without falling over!

Anonymous said...

My motto is, "Life is too short for uncomfortable shoes!" It has served me well, although, I don't really have a decent pair of dress shoes. I make do with my Dansko clogs but I am seriously thinking about searching for a pair of comfy heels. Surely they exist, right?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.
I have some really gorgeous shoes that I do not wear because once I tried them on in real life, I found that the straps bit into my heel or toes, or they were just wobbly... crap! Meanwhile, I have tons of gorgeous shoes that make me feel sexy and I am not afraid of falling or tripping or blisters when I wear them. It IS possible to have high heels that fit well and that you can walk in, there's no need to buy ridiculous shoes that make you walk as an elephant on stilts might...