Monday, December 31, 2007

The holidays ain't what they used to be

I remember they days when the holidays were relaxing. Even when I had a million things to go to and do... I still felt like I rested. And I realize, it's just a whole different game with a baby in tow.

I guess I didn't notice last year because I was on mat leave and because I was just generally exhausted anyways with a baby that woke up every half hour all night :P But this year, I realize that even though I've been off work for 1.5 weeks, I don't think we've had any down time at all. Gone are the days when you could recuperate the next day by sleeping in until noon.

And I'm one of the lucky ones who got Dec 21 to Jan 3 off without having to take holidays. I feel so greedy but next year, I'm taking extra days. I'm taking days when there aren't any events going on. And I'm going to work on getting used to the fact that when you have a baby who is go go go all the time, you just don't get to sit and relax all that much (it's kind of amusing to note that one of the only things that will stop K from his constant running around is to sit down and watch Diego. go go! ;)

Happy New Year everyone! My new year's resolution this year is to try to do a little bit less. You?

1 comment:

Jenn Nusbaum said...

I know how you feel! I don't remember it so much previous years though. I think adding a second child to the mix, especially being only 8 weeks, really made a difference!!