Friday, February 12, 2010

Sometimes I wonder....

... what it would have been like to have lived in a huge manor house in the 1800s and have servants and have my only responsibility be to do needlework and do charity work. But I'd probably been a washer woman or something anyways.

... if I could have had an international life of intrigue and adventure. But then I remember who I am and realize, no.

... if I'd have made a good YaYa. And I think yes.

... how much I would get done without the internet. Probably a lot more, but I'd be a lot lonelier and pretty bored.

... if I'll ever go on a vacation again. Chances are yes, but it feels like a lifetime away.

... if anyone wants to go for drinks this weekend? Mama needs some time away.

What do you wonder about?

4 comments:

Capital Mom said...

I do! I do!
I also wonder what it would be like to have lived in the Victorian age, but I am pretty sure I would be right beside you hanging out that laundry.

Some kind of Mom said...

I wonder what it would have been like to live in the 1800s too, but then I think about all the huge inconveniences like not having indoor plumbing, or birth control, and I think, no thanks.

I wonder what it would be like to be rich and not have to work.

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I so feel your pain about needing some drinks, girlfriend! Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Dina said...

My little girl is now a year old and I wonder if...
...I will ever know what it is like to sleep in again.
...family holidays will ever be a time to relax and unwind.