Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I know how to do it, now I just need to actually start doing it

I appreciate that I decided to take part in Tales from the Scale because every Wednesday I haven't been good, I feel a little bit guilty and decide I need to get back on track. Well maybe not EVERY Wednesday (not last Wednesday) but most Wednesdays.

I weighed myself this morning and I haven't gained or lost, but I'm happy with that. I've been completely off track for the last two weeks between planning the launch for my new business, being sick, and being grouchy about other stuff. And I'm ready to get back on track. Last night E, K and I went on a 45 minute walk, I didn't have dessert, and I cooked dinner. So that's a start.

The weird thing about taking part in Tales from the Scale are the random comments I get, weeks after a post, telling me things that aren't particularly helpful. "To lose weight, eat less calories than you burn". Thanks! I know! It's not that I don't know HOW to lose weight, I just don't always have the motivation. I don't know why it irritates me so much, other than it feels like advice from someone who doesn't get the struggle to not eat, which for me, is easier said than done.

Ok, so, hopefully next week I can report a loss. I'm off to fill my water bottle.

4 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

Its hard to find a balance between life and diet but you should be very proud of maintaining! I sometimes get off the wall comments on my blog too, I realize their intentions are good but some days you just don't need more good advice. With that I'm going to shut up!

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by! Maintaining is always good, so Im glad that you are content with just that.

I agree..we all know how to lose weight..we just need the motivation.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on maintaining. Starting a new biz and being sick are definitely challenging. Hope you feel better soon! :-)
Path to Health

justbarely said...

Just checked out Apples and Oranges. Very cute-you're going to do well. To lose weight you should eat right and exercise--How's THAT for helpful??? :) Seriously, what is it with people and obvious advice? It's like when people tell you should "just get your baby on a routine." Right, thanks, hadn't thought of that one. Where would I be without that tidbit of original thought?
Oops! Starting to get riled up... better go get another glass of wine...
www.just-barely.blogspot.com