Sunday, March 02, 2008

It must be a mommy thing

The first time I remember it happening was when I was pregnant and the preview for Aquila and the bee made me almost cry...this sudden and overwhelming burst of emotion that can hit me out of nowhere.

I've always been particularly sensitive to kids and child/parent sadness in movies. The little boy in Finding Neverland, the little girl in Hope Floats - I did the gasping for air crying at those. But it's even worse now! One line from a preview about a mother and daughter about a mother really loving her daughter despite the hard times and I'm overwrought!

Is this a mommy thing? It's crazy! I'm not meant to be this emotional!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yup, something about becoming a mom slices open a part of you that makes your ability to empathize so powerful it is almost impossible to pass a day without weeping.

The flip side is how profoundly richer your joys are.