Sunday, March 16, 2008

When I'm 64.... or you know, 80

Today we went to my great-uncle's 80th surprise party. He was so touched that so many people were there, and have traveled to be there to celebrate this occasion with him. And he got to meet Kiernan for the first time!

And I was touched for him... his family was there, and so were many of his close friends. Close friends from his childhood and young adult life! He's 80 and there were many of his friends there that were old friends of his (and of my grandmother's too in some cases) when my dad when little!

I can only hope that when I turn 80 I will be lucky enough to have maintained so many wonderful friendships and have so many people in my life who love me. Maybe they'll even throw me surprise party! (not before I'm 80 mind, but for my 80th, you can quote me on that statement ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Haley said...

You won my bloggy contest! Stop by to check out what you get! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great party! How cool to see all the old friends.

Anonymous said...

Barring death, I'll still be your friend when we are 80. Hell, if I die before then, I'll come haunt your 80th birthday surprise party ;)

Cherrye said...

Ah, that is great! My dad has his 80th birthday this summer. I'll be making a trip home to Texas for that event!

Anonymous said...

Look forward to attending that party.