Saturday, June 19, 2010

365 project - 19 days in!

I'm 19 days into this challenge and I'm already seeing how challenging it's going to be.

I worry all the time that the photos I'm taking aren't up to par with the 365 groups that I'm trying to be a part of. I'm hoping that by the end of the 365 I'll be a lot better, but a lot of my photos really aren't anything to write home about.

That being said I'm solidifying what I want out of this challenge. Part of it is improving my photography skills and trying to come up with new and different things to photograph. But part of it is also just as a record of a year of our life. So some days the photos may be of the mundane, but I will have chosen something that was most meaningful to me that day as opposed to the most lovely photo.

I'm also going to try to have at least one line of text accompanying each photo. Then at the end I think the whole thing will be printable! :)

Day 12

I feel like it looks like they're having a meeting over a board room table here :) It's so nice to see the kids playing so well together. I just wish I didn't have to chase after mine so much and everywhere. Mieka isn't nearly as hard to keep track of - and not just because there's only one of her! ;)
12 : 365

Day 13

Part of a series of photos I got Eric to take to get H is for hugging from my ABC photography challenge. Moments like these making things all worthwhile. For the few second they last until someone hits, bites, or head butts... of course.
13 : 365

Day 14
Some days he seems so old to me. But there's nothing like a face covered in chocolate to remind you he's still a little boy. And it's sweet.
14: 365

Day 15

Quinn is an explorer. He wants to see anything and everything and so we spend our trips at the park following and exploring along with him.
15 : 365 The wanderer

Day 16

I took this at the arboretum this past week and really love it. I think it might be my favourite photos of the challenge so far.

16 : 365

Day 17
The babies won't sit and pose right now. Not at all. But this is a super fun and playful shot of all three kids at Parliament Hill.
17 : 365

Day 18
I really like photographing Miss Mieka. She's gorgeous, very photogenic, and she stays put!
18 : 365

Day 19
I do not have a green thumb. The fact that anything is sprouting in my garden seems like a minor miracle. We'll see if it actually produces any food though! :)
19 : 365
(I see the way I've posted these photos from flickr is cutting off a bit of the edge. I'm too tired to figure that out now, so just go check out the flickr set to see them all ;)

2 comments:

angela auclair said...

i will say it again:) - you are going to be thrilled when you have this project to look back on in years to come.

and the changes and increased confidence in your photography will be natural and wonderful. you already have the ability to capture wonderful moments with your kids, creating shots filled with love...the rest will come. and it will be fun. do not stress - your shots are special and unique as they are. really:)).

now stop worrying and keep taking pictures. NO "real" 365 is filled with perfect shots...they are daily moments captured for you to enjoy.
(and if you doubt that, go look at mine, lol - tons of loser shots in there, trust me!!)

i am enjoying this ( love the wrap up here ) very much!

Nathalie S. Roths said...

Great project you have there! And I love the chocolate face of the little boy. Priceless! :-)