Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chomp

Little did I know when I was given the glorious gift of a full 7.5 hours of solid sleep on Sunday night that it was simply to make up for what was coming.

Twins teething molars.

I can only assume that that is actually what is happening. But the grabbing of mouths, the low grade fevers, the BUCKETS of drools soaking shirt after shirt and the whining that is not really decreasing despite the advil and tylenol seems to point in that direction.

Quinn won't nurse. He wants to nurse, but every time he latches on he screams and pulls off. So I'm pretty sure he's also hungry. We're downstairs now, at 4:30 in the morning, having a snack and watching some hi - 5. He has eaten some of the snack and rubbed the rest of it into his hair. Because he wishes he had spiky hair.

Anyways... those teeth better come out by tomorrow. That's all I'm sayin' And they better not be sick instead of teething because if they are I'm ripping out all the carpet in my house (don't try to understand, I realize this post probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense but 5am is NOT my time of day ;)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I too was up at 4:30 this morning. This may also be because of two more molars coming in, not sure. It was Emily that woke up. I thought maybe she had pooped or her room was too cold but I let her play and fuss for awhile before I went in. Room temp was fine and no poop. Ugh.

nonlineargirl said...

Oh the joy! (at least you get that 7.5 hours once in a while, which is certainly a thrill when one can get it!)