Sunday, July 19, 2009

Not so glidy anymore

When I named this blog Gliding through Motherhood I felt pretty confident the name could stick for a long time. Kiernan was up all night so often, my glider became frequented almost as much as my bed and I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually though, we did manage to sleep train him and then he turned into the amazing sleeping child. He goes to bed on his own (in fact he refuses to ever sleep WITH anyone) and generally sleeps for 12 hours+ and needs to be woken up in the morning. And then he goes down for a 2+ hour nap in the afternoon!! The child who almost never slept in that first year sleeps like a charm now.

Regardless, I figured the blog name would apply to any future children who doubtlessly would also require hours of rocking/nursing in the chair - who knew that instead we would be blessed with twins. Twins who require far more than my itty bitty glider can provide. I wonder if in a few months we'll get to a place where the babies sleep enough that I could just rock them back to sleep in the glider instead of camping out in my living room with 2 babies, each in their own swings (by the way, that post caused my original swing to self destruct - never ever say you can't live without something) and the blog name won't seem so wrong ;)

3 comments:

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Well, just keep on gliding my friend. You can do it! :)

Lindsey said...

Now you're getting the "swing" of things? ;)

Awesome job raising those babies Lara! We're thinking of coming up Thanksgiving again. If you guys are around, I'd love to meet your kids. =D

Some kind of Mom said...

I have a new blog title for you: Awake through Motherhood.