Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Here we go!!

The Challenge starts today, and I think I'm ready - even though I wasn't willing to step on the scale this morning. I have a great excuse, I think my scale is broken ;)

But regardless of that, I know that my goal is to lose a minimum of 30lbs. My ultimate goal is more like 60lbs but I'm starting with a goal of 30 lbs by January - I think that's realistic.

My experiences with Weight Watchers mean that I know what a reasonable amount of food to eat in a day is - I am going to try to stick to that.

Experience has also shown that the following are key to my losing weight:

- drinking 2 litres of water a day
- pre-planning meals

I will do my best to stay on track, to record what's working and what isn't, and to try not to let some of the daily stresses of my life sabotage my determination to get thinner/healthier. I will post some photos of myself here later this evening to show my starting point - even though I really would rather not ;)

Good luck to everyone else taking part in this challenge. I have confidence this will work!!

4 comments:

Some kind of Mom said...

Good job Lara!! Can't wait to read about your progress. And if you ever need a little boost, I'd be happy to tell you that the shirt you are wearing makes you look pregnant.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Welcome to the challenge! This group of women is amazing and can provide lots of support and encouragement. If you have a bad week, don't let it stop you. Check in anyway and get back on track. :-) We all have bad weeks at different times.
Path to Health

JennyB said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Lara! I look forward to planning & enjoying healthy lunch sharing with you!

Roz said...

yay! you can do it! (i, however, can't...)