Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weighing in after week one

Last week when I posted I hadn't weighed myself, on the scale I suspect might be broken, but I did the next morning (which was Wednesday and when our weekly weigh ins will now be) and found out that I had gained back a bunch of weight since last time I weighed myself. Boo. But, not shocking.

This past week I tried to be good. I wasn't great. I wasn't "just started weight watchers" great. But I did some good things. I drank a lot more water. I went for a bunch of walks in the evenings with Eric and K. I cooked healthy meals.

Things that weren't so great: going for Thai and Indian, eating a piece of cake and dousing it in chocolate sauce (wasn't even remotely as tasty as it should have been, yet I ate it anyways).

Things on my side with today's weigh in: last week I was bloaty and periody when I weighed myself, and the possibly broken scale.

When I weighed in this morning I was 6 lbs less than last Wednesday. I don't trust it, but I'll take it and we'll see what happens next week. And I think I need a new scale ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Holy cow! 6 lbs less would really look good! But yeah, maybe a new scale is in order. I love my digital scale. It's so exact!
Path to Health

Southern Girl said...

Don't discount how much not being bloated from that time of the month can help you! You MIGHT have really lost that much in water weight. But yeah, might look into a new scale. ;)

Keep up the good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for the over all eating more healthy and drinking more water.

And, wow, 6 lbs. Even if it was from bloating, the extra water you drank probably flushed it out.

shona said...

I think drinking the water, eating better meals, and going for walks is a great start!!! Way to go!

tammi said...

Wow, in that position, I think I'd be a little afraid of buying a new scale for fear it would show the opposite of my old one! But if you've been faithful in changing your eating habits and adding more exercise to your weekly routine, you're doing wonderfully well! Congratulations and keep it up!!!

Unknown said...

I like the walks idea too.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

I can't even tell you how many times I've had food with an expectation of how good it SHOULD be...but it hardly ever is.

Don't discount water weight. Take your 6 lbs and run with it. Good luck this week!