Thursday, September 20, 2007

He's one, so it's time

It's a horrible thing to watch your child suffer, even worse to know you might do it intentionally.

Kiernan is one, so it's time to see if he's still milk protein intolerant. We've picked Saturday as the day we're going to give him a bit of good start (easier to digest than actual milk) and see what happens.

And we have no idea what to expect, because unlike the soy experience we've never given him any dairy directly.

So wish us luck, because I really hope that we don't end up with a sick and pukey baby all day on Saturday, but instead with a baby who is growing up and whose digestive system is becoming mature enough to handle cow milk protein. Wouldn't it be nice to start letting him eat a bit more freely?

If that works out, then I guess we'll have to test soy too. FUN! ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness, this sounds so much like my experience! My babe is allergic to everything - dairy, soy, wheat, oats, etc... I also had the most terrible scare with the soy formula where she threw up for 45 minutes straight! Scariest moment of my life. Good luck to you! I hope it goes well for you because it will give me hope when Baby K turns one.

Anonymous said...

Right there with you! Added cow's milk today in fact. Waiting for the fall-out (literally now!

Anonymous said...

Luck, luck, luck!!!

Unknown said...

fortunately, she wasn't phased by the needle pricks, but it made me very nervous. It was the longest 10 minutes waiting for the results. Her back was covered with red bumps afterwards - so sad :(

Jenn Nusbaum said...

How did it go??