Thursday, July 29, 2010

Quiet down, peanut gallery

So, they aren't exactly a peanut gallery...

... but their unwelcome input is making my life difficult.

Kiernan has found an audience. And audience that thinks he is HILARIOUS! It's hilarious when he shrieks really loudly, when he jumps on the furniture, when he runs around like he's on speed bumping into walls and crashing into furniture, when he plays with his food, when he slides off his chair and under the table throughout dinner, and when he's a bit too rough with the babies ( "but they LIKE it").

I like to get a laugh out of a crowd. I like to be the center of attention too, so I get it. I do. But it is driving me insane!! And I don't know how to stop it. I can't exactly stop the babies from laughing... and Kiernan's need for the spotlight is just too great to hear anything else.

So for now I'm just trying to hold my own through the chaos. And I'm trying really hard to not let him see that I'm often laughing too.