Sunday, January 07, 2007

Balding family

So Kiernan's hair is thinning, I think I may have posted this at some earlier point wondering if was actually falling out or if his head is just getting bigger? Well, that might be the case but there is definitely one spot on the back of his head where its falling out... he's rubbing it out from looking around (as many babies are prone to doing). I hope it all grows back in soon.
MY hair is finally falling out. After a glorious year of not having any hair fall out, it is coming out in clumps. After a shower I have a serious handfull to throw out, the wookies are back in the drain. I find hair EVERYWHERE. I have to pull it out of Kiernan's mouth all the time and I feel awful. The other day his back was covered in hair. Like, how did that happen!?? Ugh! Hopefully this time of shedding won't last too much longer.
Last night K slept pretty well - yay! He slept 3 3-hour blocks or so, until he decided he wanted to be up for the day at 5:30. This was more problematic for Eric than me though since I keep sleeping through his crying lately (bad!) It's almost as if the more sleep I get, the more tired I am. I think it's just that my body is like "oooh oooh, I remember that, give give!" I keep having that feeling of pain in the back of my eyes you get when you're so tired. It's awful.
Oh, but back to K and his sleeping... now that we have the possible reflux diagnosis I am noticing things that really do point to that as one of our culprits of lack of sleep. The main one is the coughing. K seems to wake himself up coughing a couple of times in the night, so if he didn't have these coughing fits he might very well sleep in longer. The coughing could be coming from the irritation of the acid in his stomach, so we'll see if this medication seems to be working. He also seems to have terrible gas when he wakes up at 2am and we end up giving him ovol and he immediately quiets down - which is somewhat weird since it doesn't work THAT well- maybe he's figured out he will feel better after having had that taste? I wonder if the medication from the doctor starts to work but wears off by 2am (since he takes it before 7?) but Eric thinks we just need to give it a bit more time for the full effects to kick in.
Anyhow, I'm glad we saw the doctor and that there really might be some medical way to fix this non-sleeping thing instead of just trying to force him to sleep longer.
Ok, sir screeechy pants wants out of the swing!

No comments: