Thursday, January 04, 2007

Under house arrest

When I had a baby I never wanted to be tied to my house, being super strict with my kids having to nap at certain times without fail, and never being flexible. I hope that in the long run I won't have to be that way, but I've come to realize that I'm going to need to be that way for a least a few weeks to establish a routine with Kiernan.
I've been reading all kinds of books to try to figure out what to do with the amazing non sleeping child. The no-cry sleep solution and the baby whisperer solves all your problems has convinced me that a routine is absolutely imperative to make this work. The better babies nap, the better they sleep at night - or so they say ;)
So for now, I'm working on a routine and we're putting kiernan to bed lightly asleep (instead of waiting until he's deep asleep as we used to) and we're trying to figure out when we can start putting him down awake because it's time - we need to teach this kid to put himself to sleep and soon before both his parents lose their minds. Last night we were lucky to get 2 hours in a row of sleep - he often was up every 20 minutes.
So wish me luck. And send me advice by email if you have any. And remind me to be strong ;)

No comments: