Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Can you pick out what's funny about this photo?



So here's the story. We decided to get a cleaning service because we just can't keep on top of it all. They started recently and after their first visit I went into my bedroom and say this and just about peed my pants.
As you can sort of see, the curtains in our room are way too long for the windows. This house has ceilings that are half a foot lower than standard, or some such bizarre thing, so the curtains hang down and I haven't gotten around to hemming them or replacing them. Since they're so long, I suppose things can get lost in them. Small things that I might have thrown in the general direction of the clothes hamper. Small things that might be misconstrued by the cleaning lady as floor protectors for my clothes hamper. Small rounds things like reusable breast pads ;)
Still makes me laugh. :)
***

Thank you Vicky for inspiring me to finally write this post.

13 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I thought this was your not-so-wordless Wednesday, lol. Thats really funny! I find my cloth breast pads all over the place, but that is the funniest place I've ever seen them! LOL They might wonder where they are next time they come to clean! Or dig them out of the laundry.....
What if you find them under your dining room table legs? Oh, you should put them there just for fun! LOL

Unknown said...

Reduce, Re-use, Recycle?
Too funny!

Jenn Nusbaum said...

That is hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Hm. I still don't see it.

Anonymous said...

Now this just made me laugh right out loud too. OMG, you are probably missing out on some marketing idea for nursing pads.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh my! Now THAT is classic. I love this post! Thanks for the laugh. :)

Jeremy Lowe said...

Give her a raise, she was just worried about your floor... LOL great pic and story. happy ww

Anonymous said...

But now what? Do you them? Or remove them? I'd be afraid to remove them, then the maid service ask where those "skid pads" went!?!

Anonymous said...

How hilarious!!

Danielle Bennett said...

I have some extras if you'd like to protect all your other flooring too, I think it would be great to have these under chair legs, table legs, you know, just generally all over.

Maybe you're starting a new trend?

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Oh my I almost choked on my soda reading your blog hilarious my sweet new blogging friend. Happy WW. I will be back for visits. Please stop by.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel Mama ():)

TheButterfly2 said...

haha! Vicki was right, great story!

Anonymous said...

It took me a minute, but I found it. Now that I'm not leaking, I find wonderful uses for them too. They're great for taking nail polish off and for cleaning glass. I put one under my cold glass of water every night too!