Sunday, June 17, 2007

I always wanted to be one of the cool kids

I am SUPER excited because I just got tagged for a meme by Simply Nutmeg! People are starting to read my blog. I'm all excited and silly, cuz I guess I just really want to be a cool kid blogger like all the ones I read out there :). Ugh, I'm so lame and I don't even care. So here goes:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Ok, 10 years ago. I had just moved back home after a not-so-great first move out attempt. I had just decided to go back to University, after a year-long break. And I was about to start a fabulous summer where I spent almost every single weekend at a different cottage, lying about in the sun and bonding with girlfriends while trying to recover from my first real heartbreak. Oh crap. I think that was 11 years ago. Damn, I’m getting old. Let me try again.
10 years ago I was living at home, being single, umm... that summer was obviously far less memorable. Let’s pretend the 11 years ago one was right. :)

What were you doing one year ago?

Counting down the days until I went on maternity leave. Looking forward to the arrival of our new baby, and desperately wanting to not be pregnant anymore. Looking forward to getting a lot of time in my hammock at cottages over the summer.

Five snacks you enjoy:

Hmmm... do I list ones I enjoy on the craptabulous soy/milk free diet or include old favourites? Let’s not think about what I can’t have for now :)

Oreos
Salt and vinegar crispers
Pita and hummous
Plain chips
More oreo cookies

Five songs to which you know all the words:

I’ve never really been into music. I think I might still be able to sing some indigo girls songs, and More than words, but extreme. But really, these are the ones that spring to mind:

She’ll be coming around the mountain
5 little monkeys
The Elephant song
This old man
Rabbit Jack

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

Get a bigger house, that doesn’t share any walls with neighbours
Pay people to do stuff we don’t particularly like to prioritize (cleaning, gardening, etc)
Buy a jeep
Help people
Not go back to work

Five bad habits:

Losing my keys, wallet, cell phone
Getting bitchy when I’m stressed out
Not writing down appointments
Not being organized
Letting the gas tank go until we’re down to fumes (I’ve never been stranded yet though!)

Five things you like doing:

Going on dates with Eric
Taking pictures of Kiernan
Hanging out with the girls
Going to the cottage
Traveling
Scrapbooking
Ok, this one needs more than 5 options.



Five things you will never wear again:

mm maybe... fluorescent clothing
vuarnet things
my favourite shirt that everyone hated but me and finally caved and gave it away
Plaid with stripes (don't ask me why I did it in the first place)
Boxer shorts

Five favorite toys:

(I am choosing my 5 favourite Kiernan toys)
His Fisher Price baby grand
His playskool air table
His xylophone piano
His exersaucers
The jumperoo I wish we owned :)

And finally I tag: Some kind of Wondermom, The Kiddos, and A boy and his sheep.

I totally am the 13 year-olds who think candy-grams are super-fly! :)

3 comments:

JennyB said...

let me just say that your blog TOTALLY makes me yearn for my own mommy blog!

Some kind of Mom said...

Yay fun! I love Memes!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the meme! We have more than just our babies in common it seems! Oreos and keys, among other things. Thanks for playing.