Saturday, June 23, 2007

What's in a name?

I started this blog before Kiernan was born. I had had a blog when I was pregnant, and sent the link to a few choice people. They checked it regularly, and I enjoyed having it, but strangers never checked it out.
So when I started my mommy blog, I didn't give the name alot of thought. Plus, I've always been pretty lousy at titles. Whenever I write articles for work I end up leaving the title for the editor because everything that comes into my head is so cheeseball I can't deal :)
So I called this blog Mommyhood for Lara. Which is so boring I want to cry when I think about it! ;) Therefor, it is time for a name change. And once I've done that, I'm going to get a cool blog look, like most of my favourite blogs already have: Adventures in Babywearing, Mom101, Some kind of Wondermom, Playgroups are not for children, Simply nutmeg.
Now, the fact that I'm lousy at coming up with good names means I"m having a hard time coming up with a new blog name, and I've been stuck at the picking a new name phase for weeks now.
The only name I've been able to come up with so far is Larapalooza. I used to throw a yearly cottage party that was called that. I think big crazy parties are mostly a thing of my past, so this parenthood thing has become it's replacement. Or should it be mamapalooza? But really, I have one kid, I don't feel entitled to mamapalooza yet. My husband suggested something relating to babywearing, but I don't really talk about that enough to warrant it?
Ideas anyone? Please help! :)

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I really like the Larapalooza name! That is fun and would be fitting like you said. When I named my blog, I wasn't even really thinking hard about it and was just starting out, but it just stuck and is "me" now!

Steph

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to Larapalooza.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd go with Larapalooza. Your blog is mostly baby related, so it should be something along those lines...not that I have any cool ideas for you. Just my opinion (of which I have many ;) )

QOH said...

I like Larapalooza too, and your blog may not be baby focused forever (?)