Thursday, December 21, 2006

Middle of the night update

So... so far the new plan for Kiernan and his sleeping is working - sort of.

He went to sleep at 9ish (it was a bit later than usual because we'd been out shopping) despite the fact that he'd been napping in the stroller for about 1.5 hours before coming home. I woke him up and fed him - a full feeding (apparently snacking can be a problem that makes for babies waking up to eat more often in the night). I vowed I would not feed him for at least 3 hours (12:30) and we went to bed around 11. He didn't wake up until 1 - yay!
I went in and fed him another full feeding - no snacking! I concentrated very hard on not falling asleep in the chair and I put him down and he's been down ever since. It's been another 1.5 hours so so far, so good. Problem is, I can't sleep! I'm completely awake from getting up to feed him and the damn ocean waves music does NOT soothe the mommy to sleep, it keeps the mommy awake. I'm sure in time I'll get used to it, especially if it helps keep Kiernan asleep, but for now, after lying in bed for an hour and a half trying to sleep, I'm up blogging and hoping that the rest of the night goes well so that when I finally CAN fall asleep again I'll get some rest and not be zombie like again tomorrow despite Kiernan sleeping well. hehe.

While I'm posting, I realized that I don't really log some of Kiernan's milestones in my blog, it's always little stories, so I'm going to attempt to do that a bit more. In the last week Kiernan has started laughing which is beyond adorable! He's also reaching out and grabbing things. Instead of grabbing something that you hold in front of him, he'll reach over and grab something off the floor next to him, or on the change table. He's also learned to roll onto his side. He can do this from his back to his side and from his stomach to his side so I figure rolling completely over won't be TOO far away. So much for the dining room table as a place to leave him - that won't last long if he's rolling :)

No comments: