Sunday, December 17, 2006

slow lara, slow

All my life I can remember my mother telling me to slow down when I drink. She had to cut my juice with water, I would drink 2 tall glasses of milk with supper every night and I can gulp back a bottle of water in approximately 3 sips. I still do this, and to this day she tells me to slow down... it's like it pains her to watch me. I think the fact that I like to drink that way is why I've never been a fan of pop (who knows how I ever started liking beer ;)
Anyhow, that's my little preamble to that fact that my son is a super hoover eater... wonder who he gets that from? ;)
He sucks back his "dinner" in about 5 minutes and is done for the next 2-3 hours. Now, part of that is that I have a lot of milk and he needs to drink it as fast as it comes.... but, he didn't use to eat in 5 minutes so I think he's getting more and more efficient. He seems to be going through a growth spurt right now so I have to feed him more often and both sides so now it takes 10-15 minutes. It's crazy. It took me awhile to believe that he was actually still eating enough, but he continues to gain weight so way to go Kiernan, I'm fine with it not taking long :)

Other updates:

- Kiernan made it through our Xmas party without being crazy fussy and he went down by 9:30 and stayed down until all of our guests had left, yay!
- Not only does Kiernan grab things now, he's starting to reach out for things (we're going to have to get rid of the clutter on the change table I'm thinking :)
- He's still being mr screachy pants and yelling a lot.
- I'm petrified of the time when we have to force him to learn to fall asleep on his own, it's going to be awful and I don't know when to try to do it.

No comments: