Wednesday, December 20, 2006

sleeping issues

So, Kiernan no longer has good nights. He did for a long time, and I could say "ya, the days can be tough, but at least we have our nights". But no more! bah! For the past 3 weeks I've been lucky to get 3 hours straight of sleep. And some nights I'm lucky to get more than an hour straight

So the internet research has begun. I'm not comfortable with the crying it out method so we aren't going to do that. We're going to start by trying to have a slightly more elaborate bedtime routine to make sure that he associates bedtime with what's going on. We're also going to have a cd of wave music on repeat for the whole night - the idea being that he associates the sound of the cd with going to sleep so if he wakes up in the night and hears it he might go back to sleep (worth a shot). Also, whenever I get up in the night I just assume he wants to eat unless it's literally been 20 minutes, so, starting tonight I won't feed him more than every 3 hours. Also, dad is going to get up in the night sometimes so that Kiernan doesn't just associate going to sleep with mommy and with nursing.
So ya, that's the plan, we'll see how it goes!

No comments: