Sunday, April 29, 2007

Photo treasure hunt *deluxe*

I'm a photo nut! In order to inspire myself to get out and get a lot great photos, and not just photo after photo of Kiernan on the floor or in the exersaucer, I decided to made a list of photos to take. Then I thought it'd be fun to get other people to play along!

At the beginning of each month I am going to pick a subject for each week and announce it right away. That way you have all month to try and get the fourth one and you can work ahead a bit. I will also include a fifth subject that will be the "alternate" for the month. If you absolutely can't get one of the other options, you can use the alternate. The alternate will come up again as one of the weekly subjects later on.

I will still post the specific subject on the Sunday night (or Monday morning) with the subject for that week and you should add a comment to that post once you have your photo, pointing people to go and look at it. I've created a group on Flickr you can add your photos to as well.

Every submission to a category gets you one entry into a draw to win 2 bibs. I would prefer if you posted your photos weekly, but you have until the end of the month to upload your photos to flickr to be entered into the draw.

July photo list:


June photo list:
Week of June 4 - in the water
Week of June 11 - black and white photo
Week of June 18 - on the bus
Week of June 25 - in one of those rides for kids at the mall
Alternate - in something (a box, a frying pan, the crib, whatever)

May photo list:
week of May 7 - Market
week of May 14 - Picture of the whole family
week of May 21 - Baby/child in the mirror
week of May 28 - In the tulips
Alternate: messy

Here is the master list if you want to work ahead:

  • picture of whole family
  • Parliament buildings
  • ByWard Market
  • In front of graffiti
  • at the park
  • at the grocery store
  • at the library
  • at a petting zoo/with animals
  • your baby looking at himself in the mirror
  • black and white photo
  • first tooth
  • on the grass
  • in the water
  • on a bus
  • in the country
  • in the tunnel thing from mackenzie king estate
  • in a canoe
  • in something (a box, a frying pan, the crib, whatever)
  • on a train
  • amongst the tulips
  • in a photobooth
  • in one of those rides for kids at the mall
  • in a crowd
  • discovering something
  • Photo with a blue sky as backdrop (pref. with white fluffy clouds)
  • self portrait of mom and baby taken with the camera on the ground
  • self portrait of whole family with outstretched arm
  • messy
  • in a wheelbarrow
  • in the car
  • baby watching tv
  • dressed in adult clothing
I realize some of these are specific to our region, so, if anyone from outside the Ottawa/Gatineau region decides to play along, I'll modify them somehow so they won't be so restrictive. Now, please play along so I don't seem like the kid with no friends ;)

I'll also start the treasure hunt off with one you probably don't have, but should be easy to get :) You have until next Sunday until I go to the next theme.
The grocery store! Here's Kiernan trying to sneak the Doritos :)


*additional info*
Ok, flickr is a bit complicated and I myself and still trying to figure out how to use it.
You need to get an account, apparently by getting a yahoo account. Then you have to join the group http://www.flickr.com/groups/322417@N25/

Then you need to upload photos into your account and once it's uploaded look at the photo. Right above the photo there are a bunch of icons. one says "send to group". Click on that and add it to the treasure hunt group.

The rest of the stuff that still isn't working, I'll try to figure it out soon, I promise :)

8 comments:

Some kind of Mom said...

Here are some ideas for you:

Kiernan peeking through a hole in a fence.
Kiernan in a wheelbarrow (if you don't have one, that will be part of your hunt!)
Kiernan sitting in the driver's seat of your car (bonus points if his hands are on the wheel!) ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun... I wish I had a baby so I could play. Maybe me & Fantsy can do it together.

Unknown said...

A FRYING PAN!
WHAT!
Lara, don't make me look up the number for CAS. hahaha

Great ideas, love it!
Its going to be a fun summer :)

Anonymous said...

I just added a photo! That was the most painful thing I have ever done! You need to put up some instructions!! But then again, I am a FlickR newbie...

Lara said...

Ok, flickr is a bit complicated and I myself and still trying to figure out how to use it.
You need to get an account, apparently by getting a yahoo account. Then you have to join the group http://www.flickr.com/groups/322417@N25/

Then you need to upload photos into your account and once it's uploaded look at the photo. Right above the photo there are a bunch of icons. one says "send to group". Click on that and add it to the treasure hunt group.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

Danielle Bennett said...

Here are my ideas:

How about the kids dressed in 'adult' clothes - no Disney, no cartoon, no cute sayings?
Babies watching TV

Can't wait...i perennially forget to carry around my camera, but my camera phone actually has 1.3 mpixel resolution....

JennyB said...

ok, my computer is fixed but now I can't download pics from my camera. I have my grocery pic and will upload it as soon as I can. what about picassa? can we post there instead of Flickr?

Lara said...

You can post wherever you'd like, just put the link in the comments so people can look at it :)